About the Smart Family of Cooling Products
Smart Family of Cooling Products is a manufacturer of refrigeration and cooling products for the commercial and industrial markets. Our parent company, Combined Refrigeration Resources, has been doing business since 1991.
We have manufacturing facilities in both the USA and Malaysia to better serve our customers. We specialize in the manufacture of air & water-cooled chillers, evaporative condensed chillers, low-temperature chillers, custom & explosion-proof chillers, rooftop & central station air handling units, dedicated outside air systems, stainless steel air handling units, package air conditioning units, split system a/c units, energy recovery heat pumps, custom pump packages, polyethylene or stainless steel process fluid tanks, pump-tank packages, and chillers & air handling units for the rental industry.
We are also a supplier of fiberglass cooling towers, process water filtration skids, walk-in coolers, industrial package units. We have sales representatives and authorized service organizations throughout the USA to better serve you both before and after the sale.
Our HVAC Manufacturing Company Timeline
- Combined Refrigeration Resources was founded in February 1991 by Timothy & Christine Baker. The company focused on selling process cooling equipment (specifically screw chillers) to industrial customers throughout Houston and the surrounding areas.
- In 1992, Combined Refrigeration hired our first service technician and immediately launched the factory authorized service division of the company. With a complete sales and service team in place, CRR continued to grow and expand their sales presence throughout the Gulf Coast. A brief list of our early valued customers include: Exxon, Shell, Goodyear, Chevron, DuPont, GE, and Solvay just to name a few. Some projects for these groups included: Lab air conditioning, explosion-proof and low temperature chillers, and open drive process chillers up to 900 tons.
- In 2000 CRR expanded into Commercial air conditioning and specialty OEM manufacturing. CRR’s areas of focus included customer cooling solutions for the specialty OEMs such as rental companies and ground support cooling. Some of the initial customers included Stuart & Stevenson (TUG), Prime Energy, Aggreko, AGB, the Royal Air Force and the US Armed Forces.
- In 2002, CRR began adding representatives for commercial products to better service customers throughout the entire USA. During that time the company focused on providing value added cooling equipment into the commercial markets.
- In 2008, CRR added the Smartech product line. In 2010, CRR launched the Smart Family of Cooling Products Trademarks.
Smart Cooling Products for Everyone!
The Smart Family of Cooling Products now features chillers, both standard and custom, from 1 ton to 1,500 tons, air handlers, packaged units, pump tank stations, custom pump skids, fiberglass cooling towers, unit coolers, condensing units, fluid coolers, and filtration packages.
Through expansion, our service organization has grown to a full fleet of refrigeration technicians that help to keep our Gulf Coast customers running smoothly.
In addition, we have added 96 dealers to our nationwide network to provide qualified factory authorized service in all areas of the country. Whether it is an emergency or routine maintenance, CRR’s service organization is large enough and experienced enough to help.
As both the service organization and CRR’s territory has expanded, so has our parts business. To support our customers, CRR has a large amount of replacement parts in inventory at our Humble TX facility. We stock all of our standard compressors used on our industrial units, a minimum of 20 full sets of micro components, as well as everything from pressure switches to complete blower assemblies to ensure that our customers, should they face downtime, will receive the assistance they need quickly.
CRR has the knowledge needed to assist the customer both during the initial system design and unit selection to the implementation of the package in the field. Our #1 goal is a satisfied customer. To date, we are proud to have a clientele including Dow Chemical – with hundreds of pieces of cooling equipment, United Rentals, CAT Rentals, Sunbelt Rentals, (formerly) Kohler Rental Power – serving the PGA touring group, Texas Petrochemicals, Memorial Herman Hospitals, Baptist Hospital, Lockheed Martin, Fort Sam Houston, HEB, Nabisco, BP Amoco, Chevron, and multiple Independent School districts.
Find out more about our main product offerings: