Cooling systems play a crucial role in the productive, efficient operation of any petrochemical plant. Industrial chillers protect the various equipment and machinery used in these manufacturing operations from exposure to extreme heat. These temperatures can lead to extensive damage, inefficient performance and other costly issues.
A manufacturing process may generate heat via friction produced by moving parts rubbing together, the electricity used to power the machinery, the burning of materials or other procedures. A petroleum chiller is a type of refrigeration system that functions by moving heat away from the equipment. Depending on the application, an air-cooled or water-cooled petrochemical chiller will deliver the optimal cooling results.
Smart Family of Cooling Products is your one-stop headquarters for high-quality petrochemical cooling systems. Our team will help you find the ideal solution for your manufacturing plant. We also serve companies that supply this equipment to the rental market. At Smart Family, we engineer and manufacturer all our chillers in-house, enabling us to create custom solutions for specific applications when needed.
How Do Petrochemical Chillers Work?
A chiller used in cooling petrochemical processes works cyclically to remove heat produced from machinery and its components. The compressor drives the refrigeration system. Think of it like a pump. The compressor compresses already superheated low pressure refrigerant into a superheated, high temperature, high pressure vapor. Then it moves to the condenser where the temperature is lowered and it becomes a high pressure, sub-cooled liquid. Now, the liquid refrigerant is forced through a small orifice in the thermal expansion valve, sometimes referred to as TXV, lowering the pressure and temperature so it can then cool the process fluid (or air). This heat exchange occurs in the evaporator, where the refrigerant draws the heat from the process medium. Thus, lowering the temperature of the process fluid (or air) to the desired temperature. From there the, now, high temperature, low pressure refrigerant travels back to the compressors to start the cycle all over.
What Are the Benefits of Petrochemical Plant Cooling Systems?
Petrochemical chillers deliver many benefits for the facilities that use them, and some examples of their advantages are:
- Longer equipment lifespan: By eliminating excess heat, chillers help create less wear and tear on your machinery, enabling it to last longer.
- Better performance: Chillers can reduce the number of mechanical issues that can cause lengthy process interruptions. Your equipment will be more productive, and you’ll spend less on maintenance and repairs.
- Water conservation: The cooling process’s cyclical nature reduces water consumption, preserving natural resources and lowering your utility bills.
- Optimized process control: Chillers enable you to operate your petroleum manufacturing equipment with more precision. With more control over your procedures, you’ll improve results and save money.
- No water monitoring required: These days, petroleum plants must deal with increasingly stringent regulations in many areas, including water use restrictions. By allowing you to use recycled water, chillers eliminate the need for water monitoring and the associated permits.
Check Out the Petroleum Chillers From Smart Family
The experienced professionals at Smart Family of Cooling Products can help you find the best petrochemical cooling solution for your unique situation. Our leadership in engineering and flexible customization options set us apart from our competitors.
View our equipment options online and contact us for more information about buying a custom chiller. To schedule an initial consultation, give us a call at 281-540-2805 or contact us online today.