At Smart Family of Cooling Products, we want to provide our customers with the most relevant and up to date information available. With this in mind, we wanted to include easy to access start-up videos for the United Rentals Sales & Service team.
This particular video demonstrates the start-up of our 230 ton Industrial Chiller (SCOD230AR4). We appreciate you taking the time to watch and we hope this is a helpful tool for the UR team.
Start-up for UNITED RENTALS 230 Ton Chiller
Video coming soon
STEP 1: Confirm that circuit breaker (14CB) is switched ON and CONTROL POWER pushbutton light (1PL) is lit.
- If not, check phase monitor relay (PMR) and emergency stop (ES) button.
- If INCORRECT POWER 1 pushbutton light (2PL) is lit, check PMR1 for phase rotation and voltage setting.
STEP 2: Turn ON FLOW switch (1SW).
STEP 3: Turn PUMP switch (2SW) to require pump operating mode.
- VFD RUNNING pushbutton light (13PL) lit if pump is started using VFD.
- BYPASS RUNNING pushbutton light (12PL) lit if pump is started using bypass starter.
- Check pump overload (9OL) or VFD status if PUMP TRIP pushbutton light (14PL) is lit.
STEP 3: Check DPS if NO FLOW pushbutton light (15PL) is lit.
STEP 4: Cooling probe selection switch (3SW).
- Turn 3SW to LVG – Cooling is based on leaving temperature control.
- Turn 3SW to RTN – Cooling is based on return temperature control.
STEP 5: Turn ON COMPRESSOR switch (6SW, 7SW, 8SW & 9SW).
STEP 6: Turn ON COOLING switch (5SW).
- If INCORRECT POWER 2 pushbutton light (3PL) is lit, check PMR2 for phase rotation and voltage setting
STEP 7: Turn BYP/VFD switch (10SW, 11SW, 12SW & 13SW) to require condenser fan operating mode.
- BYP – Condenser fan is started using bypass starter.
- VFD – Condenser fan is started using VFD.
It is the customer’s responsibility to always follow the written operating instructions of the unit and maintain safe work practices.