At Smart Family of Cooling Products, we want to provide our customers with the most relevant and up to date information available. With this in mind, we wanted to include easy to access start-up videos for the United Rentals Sales & Service team.
This particular video demonstrates the start-up of our 100 ton Industrial Chiller (SCOD100AR4). We appreciate you taking the time to watch and we hope this is a helpful tool for the UR team.
Start-up for United Rentals 100 Ton Chiller
STEP 1: Confirm that circuit breaker (10CB) is switched ON and CONTROL POWER pushbutton light (1PL) is lit.
- If not, check phase monitor relay (PMR) and emergency stop (ES) button.
- If INCORRECT POWER pushbutton light (2PL) is lit, check PMR for phase rotation and voltage setting.
STEP 2: Turn ON FLOW switch (1SW).
STEP 3: Check flow setting if NO FLOW pushbutton light (3PL) is lit.
STEP 4: Cooling probe selection switch (6SW)
- Turn 6SW to LVG – Cooling is based on leaving temperature control.
- Turn 6SW to ENT – Cooling is based on entering temperature control.
STEP 5: Turn ON COMPRESSOR switch (7SW, 8SW and 9SW)
STEP 6: Turn ON COOLING switch (5SW)
STEP 7: Turn BYP/VFD switch (2SW, 3SW & 4SW) to require condenser fan operating mode.
- BYP – Condenser fan is started using bypass starter.
- VFD – Condenser fan is started using VFD.
It is the customer’s responsibility to always follow the written operating instructions of the unit and maintain safe work practices.