At Smart Family of Cooling Products, we want to provide our customers with the most relevant and up to date information available. With this in mind, we wanted to include easy to access start-up videos for the Sunbelt Sales & Service team.
This particular video demonstrates the start-up of our 80 ton Industrial AC unit with Heat (SACP84A-HS w/ Heat). We appreciate you taking the time to watch and we hope this is a helpful tool for the Sunbelt team.
START-UP FOR SUNBELT 80 TON DX w/ HEAT
STEP 1: Confirm that circuit breaker (10CB) is switched ON and CONTROL POWER pushbutton light (1PL) is lit.
- If not, check phase monitor relay (PMR) and emergency stop (ES) button.
- If INCORRECT POWER pushbutton light (2PL) is lit, check PMR for phase rotation and voltage setting.
STEP 2: Turn ON AIR FLOW switch (1SW).
STEP 3: Turn BLOWER switch (2SW) to require blower operating mode.
- VFD RUNNING pushbutton light (3PL) lit if blower is started using VFD.
- BYPASS RUNNING pushbutton light (5PL) lit if blower is started using bypass starter.
- Check blower circuit breaker overload (7OL) or VFD status if BLOWER TRIP pushbutton light (4PL) is lit.
STEP 4: Set blower running speed using SPD ADJ POT (potentiometer)
STEP 5: Cooling probe selection switch (10SW) and heating probe selection switch (9SW)
- Turn to RA – Cooling and / or heating is based on return air control.
- Turn to SA – Cooling and / or heating is based on supply air control.
STEP 6: Turn OFF/CLG/HTG/DH switch (5SW) to require unit operating mode.
- Turn 5SW to OFF – Unit is switched off.
- Turn 5SW to CLG – Unit is running in cooling mode.
- Turn 5SW to HTG – Unit is running in heating mode.
- Turn 5SW to DH – Unit is running in dehumidification mode.
STEP 7: Turn OFF/LOCAL/HAND/REMOTE switch (3SW & 4SW) to require compressor operating mode.
- OFF – Compressor is switched off.
- LOCAL – Compressor is operating with local controller.
- HAND – Compressor is operating in manual mode without the controller(manual on).
- REMOTE – Compressor is operating in remote mode without the controller(on/off by remote thermostat)
STEP 8: Turn OFF/LOCAL/HAND/REMOTE switch (6SW, 7SW & 8SW) to require heater operating mode.
- OFF – Heater is switched off.
- LOCAL – Heater is operating with local controller.
- HAND – Heater is operating in manual mode without the controller (manualon).
- REMOTE – Heater is operating in remote mode without the controller (on/off by remote thermostat)
It is the customer’s responsibility to always follow the written operating instructions of the unit and maintain safe work practices.