At Smart Family of Cooling Products, we want to provide our customers with the most relevant and up to date information available. With this in mind, we wanted to include easy to access start-up videos for the IDS Sales & Service team.
This particular video demonstrates the start-up of our 12 ton Industrial Air Cooled Air Conditioning Unit with Heat & DH capabilities (SLIC12R-MS). We appreciate you taking the time to watch and we hope this is a helpful tool for the Industrial Drying Solutions team.
Start-up for IDS 12 Ton AC Unit with Heat/DH
STEP 1: Confirm that circuit breaker (7CB) is switched ON and CONTROL POWER pushbutton light (1PL) is lit.
- If not, check phase monitor relay (PMR) and emergency stop (ES) button.
- If INCORRECT POWER pushbutton light (2PL) is lit, check PMR for phase rotation and voltage setting.
STEP 2: Turn ON AIR FLOW switch (1SW).
STEP 3: Set blower running speed using SPD ADJ POT (potentiometer).
STEP 4: Cooling probe selection switch (3SW) and/or heating probe selection switch (7SW)
- Turn 3SW to ENT – Cooling is based on entering air control.
- Turn 3SW to LVG – Cooling is based on leaving air control.
- Turn 7SW to ENT – Heating is based on entering air control.
- Turn 7SW to LVG – Heating is based on leaving air control.
STEP 5: Turn OFF/CLG/HTG/DH switch (5SW) to require unit operating mode.
- Turn 5SW to OFF – Unit is switched off.
- Turn 5SW to CLG – Unit is running in cooling mode.
- Turn 5SW to HTG – Unit is running in heating mode.
- Turn 5SW to DH – Unit is running in dehumidification mode.
STEP 6: Turn OFF/LOCAL/HAND/REMOTE switch (2SW) to require compressor operating mode and/or switch (6SW) to require heater operating mode.
- OFF – Switched off.
- LOCAL – Operating with local controller.
- HAND – Operating in manual mode without the controller (manual on).
- REMOTE – Operating in remote mode without the controller (on/off by remote thermostat).
STEP 7: Turn NORMAL/QUIET switch (4SW) to require condenser fan operating mode.
- NORMAL – Condenser fan is operating in normal mode.
- QUIET – Condenser fan is operating in quiet mode.
It is the customer’s responsibility to always follow the written operating instructions of the unit and maintain safe work practices.