At Smart Family of Cooling Products, we want to provide our customers with the most relevant and up to date information available. With this in mind, we wanted to include easy to access start-up videos for the ERS CAT Sales & Service team.
This particular video demonstrates the start-up of our 80 ton Industrial Air Cooled Air Conditioning Unit (SACP83A-HS). We appreciate you taking the time to watch and we hope this is a helpful tool for the ERS CAT team.
Start-up for ERS CAT 80 Ton AC Unit
STEP 1: Confirm that circuit breaker (7CB) is switched ON and CONTROL POWER pilot light (1PL) is lit.
- If not, check phase monitor relay (PMR) and emergency stop (ES) button.
- If INCORRECT POWER pilot light (2PL) is lit, check PMR for phase rotation and voltage setting.
STEP 2: Turn AIR FLOW switch (1SW) to require blower operating mode.
- VFD RUNNING pilot light (3PL) lit if blower is started using VFD.
- BYPASS RUNNING pilot light (5PL) lit if blower is started using bypass starter.
- Check blower circuit breaker overload (7OL) or VFD status if BLOWER TRIP pilot light (4PL) is lit.
STEP 3: Set blower running speed using SPD ADJ POT (potentiometer).
STEP 4: Cooling probe selection switch (4SW)
- Turn 4SW to RA – Cooling is based on return air control.
- Turn 4SW to SA – Cooling is based on supply air control.
STEP 5: Turn ON COOLING switch (5SW).
STEP 6: Turn OFF/LOCAL/HAND/REMOTE switch (2SW & 3SW) to require compressor operating mode.
- OFF – Compressor is switched off.
- LOCAL – Compressor is operating with local controller.
- HAND – Compressor is operating in manual mode without the controller (manual on).
- REMOTE – Compressor is operating in remote mode without the controller (on/off by remote thermostat)
It is the customer’s responsibility to always follow the written operating instructions of the unit and maintain safe work practices.