Comparison of SMT SCOD vs. Commercial Chillers
Chiller Base Frame — SMT SCOD vs. Commercial Chiller Unit:
- Smartech SCOD: 12 gauge formed channel steel base, hot dipped galvanized and powder-coated.
- Base is designed for six-point lifting connections. Offers 6” or 8” hot dipped galvanized I-beam base designed for four-point lifting connections.
- Commercial units: Typically, 16-gauge sheet metal formed into channel.
- Smartech features a stronger, more corrosion-resistant frame for your chiller.
Chiller Frame Pieces and Paneling:
- Smartech SCOD: 12-gauge sheet metal tubular supports, 16-gauge condenser frame pieces,
- 20 gauge panels.
- Commercial units: 22-26 gauge panels, 20 gauge bent form supports.
- Smartech pieces last longer and work better.
Compressor — Smartech SCOD vs. Commercial Chiller Comparison:
- Smartech SCOD: High efficiency Scroll compressor available in single or tandem configuration, with internal motor protection, suction & liquid line service valves. Optional NO Tandem scroll sets for more reliable and service-friendly construction.
- Commercial Chiller Specs: Standard offering is multiple tandem scroll compressor sets. A single compressor failure can destroy all compressors in the tandem set. Scroll compressors are not serviceable/repairable.
- You may not want to risk having your chiller unit fail because of one compressor breakdown. Smartech’s SCOD is designed with a single compressor configuration option to give you added redundancy and reliability.
Smartech Evaporator vs. Commercial Evaporator Comparison
- Smartech SCOD: Brazed plate evaporators with option of shell & tube evaporator
- Commercial Chiller Units: Most feature brazed plate evaporators
- Smartech gives you the flexibility of multiple evaporator options.
Smartech Air-Cooled Condenser vs Commercial Condensor Comparison:
- Smartech SCOD: Super high efficient TEAO fan motors, inverter duty rated. Low-noise fan blades (as low as 66dBA). Non-lanced hydrophilic coated aluminum fins, 0.0055” thickness.
- Maximum 14 fins per inch.
- Commercial units: Lanced fins (difficult to clean and susceptible to clogging), 18-22 fins per inch (also increases chances of clogging), 0.0035” thickness.
- Smartech gives you a quieter fan that is easier to clean.
Smartech Electrical Companent vs Commercial Electrical Component Comparison:
- Smartech SCOD: Non-proprietary Chiller microprocessor featuring free windows based software. Capable of communicating with Bacnet IP, Bacnet MSTP, Ethernet, Johnson N2, Modbus, Modbus Plus, and Lonworks.
- Circuit breakers for compressors and branch circuit breakers on condenser fans. Individual contactors for all motors. Hard wired overloads on all motors.
- Circuit breakers for both primary & secondary sides of transformer. Under/Over voltage relay & phase monitor on all units. All wiring run in sealtite conduit inside rigid raceway.
- Commercial units: Proprietary controller, basic motor controls, with or without fusing on primary/secondary transformer.
- Smartech’s electrical system is flexible enough for any situation.
Available Options for Custom Smartech Process Cooling Systems:
- NRC-rated Smart Advance2 micro-controller
- Stainless steel shell & tube evaporator
- Stainless steel or 90/10 Cupro-Nickel Condenser
- Stainless Steel base and/or sheet metal
- Integrated SS Pump package with or without SS process tank
- Low-temperature applications to 0F LFT and other custom applications welcome.